[mdlug] Meeting - Election, bylaws

Gib gibmaxn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 09:15:32 EST 2019

In our meeting yesterday we opened nominations for the officers.  It
is required that we have nominations open for a month before we hold
the election.  Nominations can be sent in using email.  So, feel free
to nominate someone for a position.  You can nominate yourself.

We had a discussion about the direction and format used in the club.
The thought is, we have to work to hold elections and the formal
nature of the processes takes work.  We are considering simplifying
the club structure.  We talked about suspending the bylaws or
eliminating them.

Other structures may be easier to maintain.  We agreed we would
continue the discussion in email.

Please share your thoughts on the topic of reducing the work required
to maintain the club.

Gibson Nichols
President