[mdlug] Compile error

Bob rmdion at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 09:14:05 EDT 2017

I'm trying to build the latest version of Gimp.
./configure completed without issues.
Make completed without issues.

Running as root, I use checkinstall to install the programs and create a
.deb packages. I had to do this for one of the Gimp dependence’s, so I
now it works.

I'm getting the following error which I have never seen before. The "
/opt/gimp296/" directory already exists. mkdir -p is superposed to
create " share/aclocal "  if I run " mkdir -p
'/opt/gimp296/share/aclocal " on the command line it works fine. It seem
the " -p " option is not doing what it's supposed to. This also happened
when I used the default directory " /user/local/shared/ ". Any thoughts?

/bin/mkdir -p '/opt/gimp296/share/aclocal'
/bin/mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/opt/gimp296/share’: No such file
or directory
Makefile:613: recipe for target 'install-m4dataDATA' failed

--

Bob Dion