[mdlug] Upgrading from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 makes hardware clock stay on UTC

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 10:13:49 EDT 2017

On 6/9/17, Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org> wrote:

> Best I understand, the Raspberry Pi doesn't have an RTC.  Every time
> it boots, it needs to use network time...

Mine does. I got one on eBay because I wanted timestamped logs to have
some semblence of accurate timestamps.

(I normally don't have access to the internet except through a
non-tetherable phone. So before I got the RTC board I was using the
default hack: on a shutdown, the pi writes the date and time to a
file, and goes looking for that file during boot.)