[mdlug] Upgrading from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 makes hardware clock stay on UTC

Bob rmdion at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 09:27:07 EDT 2017

You need to go back to the ACPI wiki page and look at  Ubuntu 9.10 and
later, under Sec 3

On my, up to date, Debian Sid system this is what's in the
/etc/default/rcS file.

# NOTE: This file is ignored when systemd is used as init system #

and as pointed out by Dr. meier, check if NTP is running.

Bob Dion