[mdlug] Upcoming meetings

musichall at juno.com musichall at juno.com
Tue Jun 6 13:44:34 EDT 2017

Hi Bob, Although I am interested & intrigued by the Pi for its power and versatility, I am not presently a Pi user, and am not quite ready to purchase (still evaluating for my own use). For the March (I believe) meeting, Gib was presenter and had a number of Pi modules which he loaned out to everyone for the purpose of the meeting. I see in the MDLUG home page a reference to using Pi for embedded applications. I think the Pi would serve well for an application I have in mind (which can also be (and is) served by a web page), but to go with h/w route, I would be looking at the ability to service a 16ms interrupt (i.e. power-line) for timing purposes. Can the Pi handle that? Yes, I can bring an ethernet cable and a 120v-USB power adapter; but should I bother coming to this meeting, since I don't have a Pi (yet)? Thanks, Rich Hall