[mdlug] PHP programming with Netbeans IDE

JeremyBekka C jrchristophel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 19:48:17 EDT 2017

Hello,

I am in process of learning PHP scripting from the w3schools.com website. I
wanted to take what I am learning there and put it to use on my own
scripts. So, I created a local server on my laptop with Apache2 and
Wordpress.

The problem I am having is that Netbeans does not have the privileges to
access the root directory of the a website in /var/www/html, so I have to
open Netbeans from the terminal with the "sudo" command. The Netbeans PHP
tutorial
<https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/configure-php-environment-ubuntu.html#checkInstallation>
tells me to change the root directory to my home folder, but I cannot get
that to work.

Does anyone know how to get Netbeans to connect to my Apache server so that
I can test my scripts in the web browser?

Also, are there any other IDE's that would be easy to setup with PHP that
would work well with an Apache server?

Thanks