[mdlug] Next MDLUG Meeting Saturday November 11, 2016 TLS Certificates

Dr. Robert Meier list1c30fe42 at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 6 17:24:40 EST 2016

All,

 > Next Meeting
> November 11, 2016
> TLS Certificates are how we can all securely communicate with Web sites.
 > But are they completely secure?
 > Kevin O'Brien will show how they work, and what the problems are, as
well as some solutions.

If anyone is interested, I could present on a related topic in December.
	Let's Encrypt...
	Getting Your Domain Validation Certificate
i.e. how to get a publicly verified https id

Are your users annoyed that to use https with your site,
   they must manually download and install your public key?
Let's Encrypt is a recent (April 2016)
   Linux Foundation Collaborative Project
   free certificate authority already known to most browsers.

Hopefully helpful,
--
Dr. B