[mdlug] MUG March 2016 meeting Tonight

Tony Bemus tony at bemushosting.com
Tue Mar 8 11:19:15 EST 2016

Hello all,
   I wanted to send a quick reminder that tonight is the Monthly MUG
Meeting. http://www.mug.org
When:  MARCH 8TH, 2016 6:30 PM   through   8:45 PM
Location: 32737 W 12 Mile Rd, Farmington Hills, MI 48334

 I will be presenting on Offensive Security and Countermeasures using
Kali Linux

It's safe to say the Internet is not a safe place for an unsecured
machine. Each day new vulnerabilities are discovered that can compromise
unprotected machines with little or no trace. Sure, you can secure your
machines, but how do you test your security measures to ensure your
machines are safe? Post your IP addresses on a forum with a reward for
folks who can penetrate your defenses? Yeah, that will end well. I will
present an alternative solution for penetration testing using the Kali
Linux Penetration Testing Distribution. I'll also cover countermeasure
methods to help keep your machines safe from the evils of the Internet.
I have 13 years of PC and Network support for home users, small business
and enterprise.  I am also a podcast host of the Sunday Morning Linux
Review, smlr.us  With Tony's experience and studying Information
Assurance at Eastern Michigan University gives him a unique insight for
Internet Security.

My Slides are posted on my website at:
http://bemushosting.com/offensive-security-and-countermeasures-useing-kali-linux/
(and yes, I see the irony of presenting a security talk and distributing
slides on a non-HTTPS site)

As Normal We will be doing a Google Hangout on air (Live video stream)
and it will be recorded on Youtube...

I will be testing on a private wireless network that you are welcome to
connect to if you want your pc to participate in the presentation.

--
Tony Bemus
734-258-7009
tony at bemushosting.com