[mdlug] Crush, Kill, Destroy!!

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 13:40:18 EDT 2016

Could someone, possibly at or after the next meeting, teach me the
finer points of working an Android phone? More specifically:

* Preferred apps
* Security and permissions (Why does an app whose sole purpose is to
turn the camera flash LED on and off have to take up 6 megabytes - and
generate 18 megabytes of dada???)
* System updates?
* To root or not to root, how best to do it, and what it means *in detail*
* Factory reset, howto and does it undo rooting?

Also does anyone have any personal knowledge or experience with
FreedomPop? I'm considering getting it, but need information that's
difficult to find on the Net.

My phone: an HTC EVO 3D running Android 4.0.3, kernel 3.0.16-g294f767
attached to Sprint, compliments of i3detroit.

Apps I've installed include:
* Flashlight (uses camera flash LED)
* AnDOSbox
* Better Terminal Emulator Pro (Linux shell)
* MoboClean (allows denying apps some permissions)
* VNC Viewer and a couple of SSH clients
* WPS Office
* Opera Mini
* UC Browser
* Assorted sensor and GPS apps