[mdlug] Ubuntu 14.04 server console/dmesg error

Gmail-otakurider otakurider at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 15:17:20 EST 2016

Hi all.  quick question

I got roped into looking at an Ubuntu server that is getting an error on
console and in dmesg.  The people that set it up and have maintained it
are gone and there is no documentation on what maintenance have been do
so I have gone in cold.  They say its been giving this error for a while
(their "while" is so subjective sadly).

in dmesg and on the console (after a day or so it will fill up the
screen) this is the error they are getting.

[42396.035303] nouveau E[ PFB][0000:01:00.0] trapped read at
0x0101089060 on channel 0x00007edc [unknown] BAR/PFIFO_READ/IN reason:
PAGE_NOT_PRESENT

It does not seem to be causing any issues, but errors bug me none the
less and I would like to end it if possible.

Its a DELL inspiron 530, running Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS.  The video
card is a Nvidia G86, Geforce 8300 GS.  It has Apache and virtualbox
running in headless mode, other then that its a plain jane looking server.

Any noodling ideas?

Thanks

Pat