[mdlug] Systemd Should Be A Fork -- Why Is It Not?

A. Zimmer andrew.zimmer at comcast.net
Tue Sep 1 23:26:26 EDT 2015

On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:29:54 GMT
"gib at juno.com" <gib at juno.com> wrote:

> Perhaps we could spend a few minutes in one of our meetings talking about this.

There really is nothing to discuss.

The answer should be blazingly clear.  Systemd should be a FORK.
There should now be TWO flavors of GNU/Linux: traditional (legacy)
and the systemd variant.

The fact that this has not happened only attests to the lamentable
lack of insight and spirit of acquiescence within the Linux community.
We all expect Microsoft or Apple users to "drink the koolaid," but
now Linux users, once fiercely independent, are doing the same.