[mdlug] Cron to run a script at change to and from DST

R Kannan rk111810 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 17:08:07 EST 2015

All,

I am running Mythbuntu on my desktop and for waking up the machine (to
record TV shows) I am using ACPI Wakeup
(https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup). This requires me to comment
out the call to /etc/init/hwclock-save.conf in my start up scripts.
Everything works fine except when the time changes (to DST or back). If
I do not remember to update the hardware clock at the time change, the
system does not wake up from hibernation on time and nothing gets recorded.

Is there a way automate running a script during time change over (in
Fall & Spring)?

Thanks