[mdlug] Pay for meeting space or go to Restaurant?

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Sun May 31 19:06:21 EDT 2015

I have been unable to find a free meeting location for the summer. The only free option would be a restaurant where we would purchase food. So, the question is: do we want to start paying for our meeting space? The cheapest summer option is the Dearborn Recreation Center. We can get a room there for $45 a month if we commit to 4 months. During the winter we may be able to get space in a library in Detroit near the Southfield freeway for free. Our June meeting would either be in the Dearborn Recreation Center (Michigan Avenue near the Southfield Freeway), or we would try the Penara Bread near Outer Drive and the Southfield Freeway. Please provide your opinion or alternatives.