[mdlug] Next Meeting in the Dearborn Library Ford Room

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Mon Mar 30 12:34:35 EDT 2015

The next Metro Detroit Linux User Group (http://mdlug.org) meeting will be in the Dearborn library in the Ford Room.
Tony will bring a projector.

We will have the elections. So, think about nominations.  Nominations can be done using email ahead of time.

Presenter: Kevin Zurek Topic:  open source medical records project

Metro Detroit Linux User Group and the Dearborn Public Library
are proud to announce an event people who are interested in
technical challenges, giving back and learn new things

April 11th.
Noon - 2:00 PM
Dearborn Henry Ford Centennial Library
Ford Room
16301 Michigan Ave.
Dearborn, MI 48126

Location Map:
http://www.mapquest.com/#a40af6b5d95f4df95a7914ce

http://dearbornlibrary.org/
http://mdlug.org

Come to hear about a open source medical records project that is
being deployed in Haiti with the help of a local person.

Let me give you a really quick overview of what I’m working on -
In my senior year of college I started an open source electronic
health record system designed to support medical teams in low
resource settings.

I now volunteer much of my spare time on this project –
we use new web technologies and face unique challenges due to
the environments it’s used in. We create mobile intranets since
most countries can hardly support a power grid. It has grown
quickly and is being primarily used in Haiti – I recently had
the opportunity to travel there for a deployment. Now that we
have proven usability, I am trying to spread awareness of our
cause and build a stronger community around the project.

The name of the software is fast Electronic Medical Records (fEMR),
you can see a bit more including the repository at www.teamfemr.org

Presentor: Kevin Zurek