[mdlug] Systemd and all of it's nonsensical BS

Brandon bfotiu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 07:58:04 EST 2015

I took some time to read the debate on the Debian wiki and a few other
articles and coming to this as a junior sysadmin I think Systemd offers
more advantages than drawbacks. I don't like the idea of binary logs or the
whole 'monolithic process' concept but containers, parallelization and
on-demand services make up for that and more. Like anything in computing we
should all be willing to bend and learn different ways to tackle problems.
Just because something worked in the past doesn't mean it is the best
solution for the rest of time.