[mdlug] Systemd and all of it's nonsensical BS

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 19:42:31 EST 2015

jlk at osml.eu wrote:
> On 2015-02-22 14:41, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
>> Are there any distros other than Slackware that haven't been
>> borg-like consumed by this atrocious act of sabotage and vandalism?
>>
> Escape from systemd: http://www.gabordemooij.com/escape_from_systemd
> and
> Slackware, Gentoo, PCLinuxOS, and a branch of Debian and of course
> the BSD family.  http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20140908
> scroll down to Questions and Answers
>
> BSDI was my first 'on my own' installation. That was a fair while ago.
> I may revert to one of the BSD family if this madness continues.

I'm thinking the same.

Poettering and Sievert's actions indicate some serious personality disorders.

* The Not Invented Here syndrome
* The "we don't have to give you reasonable answers -- go read out 1000 page manifesto and asking questions."
* The we know-better-than-everyone-even-the-subject-matter-experts (authors of syslog, automountd, xinetd, etc.)
* Anybody who complains about our work is evil

No init system should take more than a dozen pages to explain.

Borderline Personality Disorder is what it looks like.