[mdlug] Password management application

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 00:04:10 EST 2015

Michael ORourke wrote:
> [...]

Because it makes it possible for SOMEONE ELSE to steal all the passwords.

And those aren't just any old passwords, they are passwords like
root to various machines, database admin accounts, etc.

I.e., the most valuable accounts within the company.

If someone cracks the "password manager" software, they have the keys to the kingdom.

And THAT is why it's a major security violation.