[mdlug] Winbooks

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 20:16:09 EST 2015

Drew wrote:
> I've read this.
>
> On the face of it, it would appear this tablet should be able to run
> x86 code. However, I don't know everything there is to know about
> Intel processors, and could be mistaken.
>
> Maybe I should prepare a boot USB stick for testing next time I'm out there...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_(system_on_chip)

Atom is a system on chip (SoC) platform designed for smartphones and tablets, launched by Intel in 2012.[1] It is a continuation of the partnership announced by Intel and Google on 13 September 2011 to provide support for the Android operating system on Intel x86 processors.[2] This range competes with existing SoCs developed for the smartphone and tablet market from companies like Texas instruments, Nvidia, Qualcomm and Samsung.[3] Unlike these companies, which use ARM-based CPUs designed from the beginning to consume very low power, Intel has adapted the x86 based Atom line CPU developed for low power usage in netbooks, to even lower power usage.

Note the last sentence:
Intel has adapted the x86 based Atom line CPU developed for low power usage in netbooks, to even lower power usage.