[mdlug] shellshock

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Fri Sep 26 22:12:41 EDT 2014

On 09/26/2014 02:30 PM, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> env x='() { :;}; echo -n NOT\ ' bash -c 'echo safe from shellshock'
Is this the result you are suppose to get?  I ran updates last night
before I even saw the news.

bash: warning: x: ignoring function definition attempt
bash: error importing function definition for `x'
safe from shellshock

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org