[mdlug] Raspberry Pi, VNC, Bluetooth

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Sep 10 08:41:58 EDT 2014

> From: Drew

> I should be able to set up TCPIP/Bluetooth on the Pi. Doing the same on the Blackberry may be problematical - it's not an easily accessible system. I plan to look into it.

I found some notes and files from my Treo days, which might be helpful. The notes to myself:
----
1. Set up the bluetooth stack with the DUND options in /etc/default/bluetooth
     - Configures DUND (Dial Up Networking Daemon)
 2. Add the "btinternet" file to /etc/init.d
     - enables IP forwarding, masquerading on boot
 3. Add the "treo" file to /etc/ppp/peers
     - configures ppp for the Treo
 4. Copy the rfcomm.conf file to /etc/bluetooth
     - configures the RFCOMM (serial-over-bluetooth) link
 5. Edit /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
     - pick a PIN/passkey (can be more than four digits!
----

I have the files involved if you're interested.

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it