[mdlug] Fw: Liquidweb is hiring

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Tue May 13 15:07:42 EDT 2014

FYI

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: David Singer <drsinger1111 at gmail.com>
To: president at mdlug.org
Subject: Liquidweb is hiring
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:32:47 -0400

Greetings,

First off, I wanted to mention right off that I am not officially representing my company, Liquidweb, in any official capacity but I am a supervisor working for them at this time. I wanted to touch base with you to pass along some relevant information you, or others you may know, want to learn about. Liquidweb is in the midst of a very large hiring campaign and are searching for potentially qualified candidates that you feel may be a good fit for us. We are accepting applications for multiple positions to work in our datacenters here in Lansing and possibly at our other remote locations.  To be honest, we outline the skills we are looking for on the site but what it boils down to is that we are looking for people who have the ability to lean, adapt and grow with us. That may sound like a tag line but it is the truth. The ability to learn a skill and continue growing that skill is really what we are looking for. As a Linux professional myself, I know that learning about Linux and how to apply that learning can be very satisfying especially with a company like Liquidweb. We strive to provide an environment in which learning is encouraged and supported and dare I say cheered? At the end of the day, we are hungry for geeks, gamers, nerds, bronies, trekkies and techies that simply enjoy working with Linux on a daily basis and getting paid for it.  A little bit about Liquid Web; we are leader in the web hosting market with an unwavering dedication to providing the best hosting products and support available. We&rsquo;re always looking for bright new talent to add to our growing team. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and offer a challenging and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and opportunities for professional growth.
As far as the training goes, we are currently updating many of our internal training regimes and are shooting for utilizing RedHat training modified with additional guidance and instruction on the LAMP stack, cPanel and Wordpress as the standard model during this period to improve and standardize our support so the opportunity to have this training paid for may be an awesome benefit to some potential candidates.  If you know of anyone who would benefit from this opportunity, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you for your time and patience. David Singer