[mdlug] 2 very different gigabyte motherboards not keeping good time

Bob bob at starlinephoto.com
Thu May 1 18:31:38 EDT 2014

I'm also running a gigabyte MB and have not had any problems with NTP.
Running Debian Sid with default ntp.conf file.

grep -v '^#' /etc/ntp.conf | sort -u

driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable
restrict ::1
restrict 127.0.0.1
restrict -4 default kod notrap nomodify nopeer noquery
restrict -6 default kod notrap nomodify nopeer noquery
server 0.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 1.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 2.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 3.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
statistics loopstats peerstats clockstats

Drift file contents: -44.509

Bob Dion

Cell 501-525-2183
Starline Photographic