[mdlug] Completely replacing Windows XP Pro with Linux!

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 13:33:05 EDT 2014

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 23:07 -0400, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
>> Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>>> Yep
>>> Nope, don't care.
>>> And many systems using LVM in production, including my own workstation
>>> and laptops - no LVM corruption yet.  And I'm aware of many much larger
>>> and busier systems than mine - running LVM for years.
>>> IBM & RedHat endorse and support LVM.
>> LVM runs perfectly.. until it doesn't.
>
> The same can be said of the sun.

I'm pretty sure the gravity which is the key(*) to the fusion reaction powering
the whole thing is more reliable than any disk drive or SSD on the market....

(*) Although gravity is the next-to-weakest force (only the weak force is weaker),
stars are so massive they mere gravity is enough to force hydrogen nuclei close
enough to cause nuclear fusion.