[mdlug] Some SSD notes

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Thu Jan 16 11:44:04 EST 2014

> From: Adam Tauno Williams

> There was talk at one time of "relatime" becoming the *DEFAULT* for ext4.  I don't know if/when that happened - but you might be using "relatime" even without specifying it.

Yup. "man mount" says:

	Since Linux 2.6.30, the kernel defaults to the behavior provided by this option (unless noatime was   specified),  and  the  strictatime  option  is
              required  to  obtain  traditional semantics. In addition, since Linux 2.6.30, the file's last access time is always  updated  if  it  is more than 1
              day old.