[mdlug] Can't boot from SSD?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Jan 8 12:47:30 EST 2014

> From: Peter Bart

>	Did you set up a /boot partition for Xubuntu or should it also
	boot from the MBR?

I didn't set up a separate /boot partition, but that shouldn't be necessary if the root partition is a primary partition. Plus, it's not that it's trying and failing to boot, it's that GRUB isn't even getting a chance to run.

>  Might it be something in the bios not
>	recognizing the SSD interface type? Or must you set boot order
>	in BIOS?

The SSD is listed in the BIOS, as the first drive in order (the first SATA port). I'll investigate the boot order in more detail but the old HD used to be plugged into the same port, so I know the BIOS is capable of booting from that port, and to my knowledge I haven't changed any configuration.