[mdlug] Life after TrueCrypt?

David McMillan skyefire at skyefire.org
Sat Aug 16 16:51:48 EDT 2014

	So... I've been using TC for a long time, to keep my file-storage
drives secured (really saved my bacon once when my laptop got stolen).
One of it's biggest appeals to me was that it worked cross-platform, and
I have to spend a lot of time working in both Windows and Linux.  Being
able to dual-boot my computer and access my encrypted file container
seamlessly from either OS was priceless.
	But, with TC officially gone now... where do I turn?  So far, every
article I've seen on "Life After TrueCrypt" only talks about single-OS
systems. And even if I was a Windows-only user, well... BitLocker?  Bleah!
	So... has anyone seen anything that could replace TC?  I know it's been
forked, but the dust has yet to settle on that front.  Open-source *and*
independently audited, along with cross-platform support, are the major
things I'm looking for.