[mdlug] 2 very different gigabyte motherboards not keeping good time

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 23:36:20 EDT 2014

Check CMOS battery voltage, should be 3V or greater.  Replace it if too
weak.  Commonly CR2032 which are available at Walmart for $5/pair.  The RTC
runs off it, at least when PSU power isn't available.  Also check the time
in the BIOS to see if it is creeping or not.  Normally the RTC should be
set to UTC and let the OS adjust for local time.