[mdlug] Anyone want to help out with a Linux install

Jim Fulner fulner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 12:15:33 EDT 2014

Pat,

I plan on comign over after church (1:30ish) and staying through the
evening.

I think the biggest thing I'm looking for is just additional knowledge on
hand in case errors occur, and input so that i'm not simply speaking on my
personal preferences. ("Use Debian because YUM sucks")

I know two folks indicatied that they intend on bringing hardware i
personally am no familiar with.

A "Touc Screen" PC

An iMac.

The first I dont' know if there is anything particular beyond standard
Ubunut necessaary to ensuer she doesn't loose that feature (though she said
she's ready to take the Linux plunge regardless)

The second, I haven't used Apple hardware in years and am not familair off
hand how to screw with the BIOS on such a device. Last time I did the only
think I ever did was hold COMMAND-C to boot from CD.

But again the most is to just hang out and provide your experience and
input.