[mdlug] Webhosting service recommendations

David Hensley nezsez2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 22:34:51 EDT 2014

  I know a local home inspector who purchased web/email hosting from a
provider and he pays $150.00/mo (which he considers too expensive) but had
no idea about QOS agreements etc. His problem is that his provider lost a
server sometime before Friday and he has had no service of any kind since
then.

  I know some of you on this list work at, or know of, some of the local
webhosting providers in the SE Michigan area. Do any of you have
recommendations for a solid service provider that he might consider?
Preferably one which uses HyperVs and live migration, or at the very least
runs multiple load balanced heads to be fault tolerant. He purchased his
domain from Network Solutions so at least he is in control of that; there
is some question as to how much of his website they developed he will be
able to copy, so he might need web development work too.

Thanks

David