[mdlug] Fw: Software Freedom Day - Sept 21

Shoufeng Yang shfyang at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 11:54:52 EDT 2013

      With recent disclosure of NSA working with close-source companies to bypass encryption, it is even more important to embrace open-source and reject things such as Windows. I have seen major US trade partners considering to limit the use of US made tech products (Germany, France, Switzerland, China, Japan, Brazil), there will  be major repurcussion for US tech firms for decades. Open source can and will mitigate these concerns.
       Make no mistakes, every firm have the legal responsibility to help government fight crime and terrorism, even open source companies. But if we embrace open-source, firms such as Red Hat will continue to lead and benefit US economies.
      I am willing to volunteer (limited time) for any small/medium companies or non-profit organizations if they are willing to migrate to RHEL/Centos from Windows.