[mdlug] hypervisor/vm

David Hensley nezsez2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 14:32:38 EDT 2013

Thanks for the info and links...much to consider.

As far as demos go, with so many options and variations, it seems like we
could have a whole series of presentations. One on each: Xen, KVM,
ESXi(vmware), etc. For that matter one could do multiples on each of these
as well: Xen paravirt vs Xen full-virt, etc.
Lotta topics, lotta work :)

Personally, given the knowledge of the users on this list, I'd rather have
detailed info sessions than a demo per se. I think most of us know the
fundamentals of these technologies, and have used them in various contexts,
and rather than seeing "how to install/administer X" I'd benefit more from
a "X works like this, Y works like this, and this is how each will affect
your usecase"  or "How using X can benefit you" sorta talks.

I'm new here and so have lurked for a few months; do we have problems
finding ppl to present at meetings?  It seems there hasn't been much
activity on the mdlug admin list.

David