[mdlug] hypervisor/vm

Dan Pritts danno at dogcheese.net
Tue Oct 22 16:27:46 EDT 2013

the GPU suggests that you want direct console access.  If that's the case then ESXi is not the right choice, it doesn't do that.

Were it me, I'd pick hypervisor based on my preferred platform.  Windows guy, use windows.  Linux guy, use whatever tool my preferred distro chooses (which is probably kvm+qemu - that's what redhat and ubuntu do).

VM in VM, I dunno which hypervisors support that.  It's worth researching to be sure.

you are right, AFAIK there is no hypervisor built into freebsd, at least not yet.  I dunno about the other BSDs but i really doubt it.

You didn't mention virtualbox, it's another possibility.