[mdlug] Healthcare.gov development problem

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Oct 22 14:53:32 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 11:06 -0700, David Lane wrote:
> One main point I want to make is that, with the right people and the
> right resources the roll out would have been smoother.

Well... duh!  You just have to know who they are and find them - *in
advance*.  Hindsight = 20/20.

> I'm waiting to know if the it was a ".net" or  something else.
> and in a scalable case If I were spending my own money I would select
> Linux. I would much rather Pay my staff more then pay more for
> licensing,

I doubt very much it is a platform issue.  It is a scandalously
complicated problem;  having myself written code to federate disparate
data-sources in a 'seamless' [to the user] fashion... they have my
sympathies.

The Devil lives in the details because he is a smart fellow;  he knows
that in the details is where the real power is.  Federating data-sources
is a war waged entirely with details.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383