[mdlug] Best Linux rig for capturing frames from analog video?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue May 28 08:58:01 EDT 2013

> From: David McMillan

> It's just that, if I go for a fixed-interval intervalometer, I'm going to have to hand-edit out 12hrs/day of "off shift" footage.

Sounds like a task for a cron job. :-) Just shut off the camera 'off-shift'. Though there's daylight savings and such...

>  Hmmm... that strikes me as a good way to get a very ugly time-lapse video in the end, though.  This will probably be pulling snaps for
> *weeks,* and eventually compiled into a long-term time-lapse video.

Well, all the solutions ultimately use mencoder or ffmpeg or something similar. If you get nitty-gritty, you can tune the encoding to taste.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                              (313) 227-2317

     Microsoft Windows: Warn your friends about it.