[mdlug] Best Linux rig for capturing frames from analog video?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Fri May 24 14:00:28 EDT 2013

> From: David McMillan

> 2:  capture software:  My current thought is that I can probably use motion, with motion-triggered capture, to avoid taking tons of useless photos at night and during lunch.  But I'm wide open to advice on this.

I have a little webcam in my cube that uses 'motion' when I'm away (some petty thefts a while ago). Motion works pretty well, but note that passing clouds can change the image enough to trigger recording. When I come in from the weekend I have anywhere from three to thirty little movies.

> 3:  "Stitching":  I did that YouTube video using mencoder, but it was a bit crude.

Motion can output video in various formats, too.