[mdlug] Linux VMs - virtual disk best practices

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 22 20:53:23 EDT 2013

Okay... just so I understand this correctly.

I should align my virtual partition with the virtual cylinder boundaries on
the virtual disk which is in the virtual machine which is carved out of the
datastore.  The datastore is a volume which maps back to a PERC controller
which consists of a RAID volume of x# disks which maps back to a logical
C/H/S geometry on the physical disks..

Hmmm... seems pretty clear to me.  :-)

-Mike