[mdlug] What should we call the windows key on the keyboard?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sat Jul 20 18:15:27 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 14:54 -0500, Bob wrote:
> Useless!

Far from it, it is extremely useful.  Personally I miss my ancient
keyboard with F1..F24;  more keys is handy.  The Windows/Super key makes
sense - it is used mostly for purposes [as in GNOME Shell] that merit a
dedicated key as they are frequent window-management related functions.

More keys is better.   Otherwise shortcuts and hot-keys turn into
elaborate this+that+theotherkey+somekey

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383