[mdlug] A Thank You to Mat

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Sun Jul 14 13:12:09 EDT 2013

I just wanted to send a big thank you to President Mat Enders for his extensive hard work to keep the club an interesting and fun event each month.

Mat, I see you have indicated that your other activities prevent you from attending the meetings.  You have said you resign your position.  I'm sorry to hear that your attendance and guidance will no longer be a part of our monthly get-together.  If their is anything we can do to make your participation easier please let us know. I hope, and I'm happy, if your other activities provide you with something to satisfy your needs for technical involvement and learning.

I will miss your large laugh and humour. Your description of technical concepts often clarified involved, complex ideas.  You have a wonderful way of phrasing thoughts that cut through to the basic point.  The Mint Linux distribution will always be thought of as a "minty flavor" to many of us. You built a comfortable location in the small school for a long while that will never be repeated. This location was something that took extra effort to maintain and it gave us electrical outlets, chairs, tables and internet access because you made the effort.  Your voice will always carry into the next room and across the ages.