[mdlug] Looking for netbook

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 14:39:44 EDT 2013

I am now ready to buy a machine - provided I can get the deal of the century.

Looking for an x86 based netbook, 10 inch, maybe 11 inch. 1 gig will
do for now, though it would be nice to be able to open it up and put a
2 gig chip in later. Needless to say everything on it should work with
Linux and it needs to be able to boot off of USB; I've prepared a
couple of flash drives for testing.

I don't need an excessive amount of hard drive space however, at least
not as much as new machines come with. Just enough hard drive for the
machine to do its job (hold a few loopback iso images, some swap
space, and a couple of OS installations - I'm running an 80 gig drive
on the desktop right now even though I have larger drives available.
40 will probably be enough.)

Before I start chasing Craigslist ads, anyone have a good lead?