[mdlug] Ubuntu spyware

Jim Fulner fulner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 23:47:34 EDT 2013

I would like to hear others opinons on the ideas and points mentioned here:

http;//www.gnu.org/philosophy/ubuntu-spyware.html

Certainly here on the mailing list and possibly even in a future meeting topic.

Ubuntu is what lead me to fall in love with the debian package
manager. Shortly there after I decided to switch to Debian because its
"stable" branch updated less often (and as such features I used broke
less often) and I like the idea of using packages that where more
close to original development and less modified for distro specifiv
use (though of course Debian has some of that too). Subsequent changes
that to me seemed to try to make Ubuntu more "mac like" and the
obmination that is the unity desktop made me even more glad I switched
(though GNOME 3 isn't much better).

Please note I AM NOT TRYING TO START A FLAME WAR, but am truly
interested in others opinions.

Jim

--
Sent from my mobile device