[mdlug] Cool benchmark website from mdlug meeting

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Sat Feb 2 08:52:42 EST 2013

On 01/12/2013 02:21 PM, Tony Bemus wrote:
> David Wood talked about this website during the meeting and it looked
> realy cool and useful for business:
>
> http://benchmarks.cisecurity.org/

Just catching up on email for the last month.

I took a quick look at this site and wondered what it's all about.

When I think of benchmarks, I think of specs that tell how something
is performing.  But if this is about security, I would expect it
would have best practices for securing servers.  Is that what they
mean by a benchmark?

I'd like a better description of what they provide before I sign up
for an account.  So...what exactly do they provide?