[mdlug] file copy

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Dec 30 10:56:34 EST 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-30 at 09:48 -0600, Bob wrote:
> The big question is, can I create a vol, add the 2tb drive to it WITH
> OUT losing any data, add the new 4tb drive and then move the vol 2tb > 4tb?

Absolutely, yes.  I do this all the time.

For example - I added an SSD to my laptop, added it to the Volume Group,
and moved the "VM" volume group to the SSD.  As far as anything else was
concerned nothing changed.  Now if I'm on the deck, the bus, or the
train[1] I can boot, snapshot, whatever my VMs on the SSD - it is fast
and the battery last for &@^*&$ ever (since playing with VMs devours
I/O).

[1] The train provides power, but sometimes you don't feel like asking
your neighbor if you can string a power cord over their lap (especially
if they are sound asleep).

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383