[mdlug] Adding a shell script to run after boot.

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Apr 16 12:59:16 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-16 at 12:42 -0400, Adam Behnke wrote:
> i'm starting to see my issue, it's timing. i should make it mount whatever
> usb drives are present before it searches for the content. to google.... lol

Why waste time beating a search engine for this issue and sorting
through the resulting swill?

Just "mount -a" [as root] will mount all defined volumes.

Devices can also be set to automount.  A dbus service will notify you
when such an event occurs [use "d-feet" and you should be able to see
the event happen or the service to register with].

  gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount true

Listening for the signal with Python is trivial, then when you see an
automount, just do whatever you need to do.  Being event driven is the
only solution that is going to be reliable.

For example - to query for network connectivity [in a reliable d-bus way
-
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/2011/12/querying-connectivity.html>