[mdlug] Strange Log Entry

A. Zimmer andrew.zimmer at comcast.net
Thu Apr 11 22:31:23 EDT 2013

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 22:14:14 -0400
Mat Enders <mat.enders at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is said machine a Windows boxen.

Yes, the other machine runs a Windows system.

But the Windows machine currently connects with the router through dhcp and its
address always is different from 192.168.0.4.  The address 192.168.0.4
has not been used by that machine for a long time (at least a year) and I have
only been seeing that strange log entry for less than a month.

I have not seen the log entry for a few days but, after just checking, I got
one again today:

kernel: UDP: bad checksum. From 196.21.79.50:53 to 192.168.0.4:14172 ulen 279

In this case, everything is the same except for the receiving port 14172.