[mdlug] Radeon HD7570

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 13:14:11 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM, R KANNAN <rk111810 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone has had good/bad experience with this graphics card in Linux
> (particularly Ubuntu 12.04)?
>
> 2GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 7570 [DVI, HDMI, DP & VGA via adapter]

I have an HD4770 that often locks up with fglrx, usually when I start
an OpenGL application (Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin/Linux Mint 13
maya).  With Sauerbraten it locks up about 20% of the time when it
first loads the main menu.  This freezes X.org but I can safely
shutdown/reboot with the magic SysRq keys.  The error "[fglrx] ASIC
hang happened" shows up in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old after reboot.

The CCC says I am using driver packaging version 8.96.7-120312a-135598C-ATI.

I don't have a solution for it yet.  You could try a newer version of
the driver or X.org:
https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa

I haven't had time to investigate further.