[mdlug] Accessing dvd writer in k3b from a remote login

R KANNAN rk111810 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:09:48 EDT 2012

I fail to see why allowing 'dd' to be used through a remote login
would be a security issue. 'ssh' after all is supposed to be secure
and the user is authenticated. I can write to other file systems
(provided I have the right permissions to that directories) as a
remote user why is cd/dvd writer any different.