[mdlug] Parallella: A Supercomputer For Everyone by Adapteva — Kickstarter

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Sun Oct 14 03:29:13 EDT 2012

On 10/14/2012 03:29 AM, Aaron Kulkis wrote:

> Throw in new hard drive and you'll probably get a few more years of
> life out of it.
>
> I have a 2006 laptop, originally equipped with 2x 100GB hard drives.
> Currently it has 1x 640GB + 1x 320GB in it.  I plan on upgrading both
> to 1 TB each, within the next year.
>
> I'm actually surprised that I've kept this thing this long.

My current machine 2007 started with 1g ram and 80g HD and is currently
4g ram and 500g HD.  The desk top of same vintage is pushing 8g ram, 2tb
+ 1.8tb.  HD.  I also traded out the original 512 video card for a 1g
card that handles two monitors

I upgrade, pure and simple.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

When you are up to your ass in alligators it is difficult to remember your original intention was to drain the swamp.
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org