[mdlug] Parallella: A Supercomputer For Everyone by Adapteva — Kickstarter

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:02:20 EDT 2012

Garry Stahl wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 05:31 PM, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
>

>> Very true.  Most GUI stuff is a complete waste of storage space,
>> in-core memory, cache space, and clock cycles.
>

> Except the Amiga is a GUI system.  An elegantly programed efficient, multi-processor GUI system.

Exactly.  There wasn't room for bloat.

I'm constantly frustrated that although CPUs have sped up by
a factor of 3000 since when I learned to program in high school,
apps aren't running any faster.

The Amiga code was written to run on hardware that ran at
only 1% of the speed of current off-the-shelf hardware.