No subject

Sun Oct 7 07:16:56 EDT 2012

problem and (in the case of the "drive" I have linked) have meantimes
BETWEEN failures measured in the 2 million hours of regular use. That's
roughly 51 years. A Flash based SSD, from what I understand, simply cannot
label itself as being able to be read/written to for 51 years without
hitting that ceiling.

The only problem that traditionally follows this form of Hard Drive is the
price. For a 960GB model, the pricing is upwards of $4,000 and that is for
what OCZ calls the "Enthusiast" model line, not the workstation or data
center version of these devices. One would have to be one helluva enthusiast
with deep pockets to enthuse that much, even then, there is likely better
things to spend money on... (Like a second Lambo or Ferrari for daily
driving...)

-Rob