No subject

Sun Oct 7 07:16:56 EDT 2012

drivers to poll the devices that share an interrupt and to service each
interrupt sequentially.  This avoids collisions (in like manner to CDMA
radiotelephony) but requires that each hard disk wait for its neighbors
sharing the "party line" interrupt.  Unless your disks are nearly
always seeking, I doubt you'll notice the difference.  If this is a high
occupancy server, intended to maximize disk throughput, this might limit
your maximum throughput to half.

My casual search did not locate a current reference,
but as linux is sometimes used for disk farms, I suspect that you
(or someone else) may find a disk driver (or even a specialized distro)
that more intelligently coordinates a large number of attached disks.

Hopefully helpful,
--
Bob

  "People think computers will keep them from making mistakes.
   They're wrong. With computers you make mistakes faster."
     -- Adam Osborne